Location: 230 Lancaster Road, Ascot QLD 4007
Phone: (07) 3268 2171
- Tote Room can have up to 160 people seated, more for cocktail/standing.
- The Society Deck, an outdoor deck overlooking the racecourse, is available for cocktail style weddings – capacity for 150 people standing.
Reasons I love this venue:
- CHARACTER is the biggest reason I love this venue. You have the race track right beside you, and a 150-year old building rich with history to house your reception. It’s unique, and fun, and beautiful.
- The huge fig tree next to the Tote Room where ceremonies can be held is absolutely gorgeous. Guests canapes are held on the deck of the Tote Room right next to the tree - a beautiful outdoor atmosphere. (Watch canapes from 5:16 in the video above).
- Food is great.
- Staff are great.
- Free car parking on site is a huge bonus.
- Convenient location.
- The Tote Room is beautiful from a wedding videographer’s point of view… the lighting, the exposed brick, the ability to film from the balcony level overlooking the reception. (See intro of video above).
- Photo / video shoot locations around the track are gorgeous. Old trees, beautiful architecture, brick walls, an archway covered in vines, and of course the grandstand and race track.
This venue is suited for:
- Couples looking for an all-in-one venue for ceremony + photo shoot + reception. (Although it’s possible to come just for your reception too).
- Couples who love horses, or who have a family with a connection to racing.
- Couples who want flexibility when it comes to designing their packages and menu.
- If you’re looking to make your wedding planning easier, the venue has connections with reputable suppliers who know the venue well.
Other useful facts about this wedding venue:
- You can book a horse for your photo shoot on a non-race day!
- The most common ceremony location is the fig tree but some horse lovers opt to get married in Stradbroke Plaza (the mounting yard area amongst the stables).
- Wheelchair access available for Tote Room.
Still looking for a videographer?