Location: Carawa St, St Lucia QLD 4067
Phone: (07) 3870 3433
- The Rosewood Room – up to 150 (cocktail / standing) or up to 110 (seated).
- The Grand View Room – up to 1000 (cocktail / standing) or up to 550 (seated).
Reasons I love this venue:
- It’s sooo beautiful.
- There is an indoor/outdoor flow at this venue that is perfect for Brisbane weather. Your guests can mingle on the terrace or balcony areas overlooking the golf course when they want fresh air, or they can be inside the beautiful reception rooms.
- The views of the golf course are awesome. Sunset is super pretty.
- While you are at your photo shoot, guests can have a drink at the Hundred Acre Bar on the property before your canapes officially begin.
- It’s a privately owned venue, and the owners tell staff to welcome guests as though it was their own home. Nice, don’t you think?
Courtyard Garden and The Rosewood Room
The heritage-listed Rosewood Room itself has so much character. The VJ walls and old window frames make you feel like you’re in a beautiful old Queenslander. This is not at all a cookie-cutter venue.
You can have long tables as your set up, with share plates so that your event feels like a feast. Or you can have the more traditional round tables. In the video above you can see that the long tables give the event the atmosphere of a feast. People lean back and chat to the guests at the table behind them, and there is a real feeling of merriment.
The Fountain Area and The Grand View Room
The fairylight backdrop behind the bridal table is included in the price.
The room is large, but has no pillars – no one’s view of speeches or the dancefloor gets obstructed. The layout is flexible. You can put the dancefloor and tables pretty much anywhere you want.
There is access to a beautiful little bridal room off to the side, where you can leave your belongings or get changed.
This venue is suited for:
- Couples wanting a high end wedding venue.
- Couples wanting a wedding venue in Brisbane’s western suburbs or close to the CBD.
- Couples wanting ceremony, photo shoot and reception all able to take place at the one venue. (Some couples venture to nearby UQ for their photo shoot as well though).
- Often couples who want a low stress wedding choose this venue. The Hillstone staff can take care of a lot of the details for you, organising the cake, flowers, stationary (menus, your seating chart etc.), chair sashes, centrepieces and even an Audi to drive you to your hotel / home at the end of the night (with a bottle of bubbly).
Other useful facts about this Brisbane wedding venue:
- Up to 200 free car parking spaces on site.
- Included in your package are a few handy items like blackboard pointing people to your ceremony, wrought iron stand and backboard for your seating chart, tea light candles. (And then there are extras available for an additional cost, as mentioned above).
- Kosher certified and Halal.
- The food is high quality, overseen by Executive Chef David Nield.
Brisbane Racing Club
The Joinery West End
An Island Hideaway
Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron