Location: Towards the northern end of South Stradbroke Island, amongst National Park bushland.
Phone: (07) 5577 1112
- Sit down – up to 150.
- Cocktail / standing – up to 200.
- It should be said, with all it’s cute nooks and crannies, this venue is also particularly well suited to more intimate weddings.
Reasons I love this venue:
- The photography and videography opportunities at this venue are hard to beat. Your photo shoot can take place in a forest that feels utterly magical, and on a deserted surf beach. It’s hard to take a bad shot in these surroundings.
- A lot of people choose this venue because it allows for a beach wedding. Personally I adore the small open air chapel at the venue. It is the sweetest thing ever. It is suitably non-denominational for couples who don’t want religious elements. However, it also highly appropriate for couples having a religious ceremony.
- Great venue for more intimate weddings.
- The adventure of catching a boat to and from the venue creates a sense of excitement.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, beachy, and unpretentious.
- It kind of feels like Gilligan’s Island – a hidden away, special treasure of a place.
- The wedding coodinators are total professionals. Helpful, across every detail, friendly and experienced.
- I’d recommend the option of getting guests to hold up a tunnel of sparklers for your exit. It’s such fun and is amazing from a wedding videography standpoint.
This venue is suited for:
- Couples wanting a beach wedding.
- Couples wanting their wedding day to have a spirit of adventure.
- Nature-loving couples.
- Couples looking for a more affordable / down-to-earth venue.
Other useful facts about this Gold Coast wedding venue:
- Bride can head over to the island prior to everyone else in a water taxi that can fit her bridesmaids, photographer, videographer and possibly some family members.
- Bride might get hair and makeup done on the mainland and then head over to the island to put the dress on in a special room that is provided for the bridal preparation.
- There is a fridge in the bridal room for drinkies when the bride arrives, should she require one!
- Guests head over on a boat that departs from Southport.
- There are some fancy options available such as the groom arriving by seaplane.
- Buffet meals or cocktail wedding packages provide more relaxed / casual options, or there is the option for a more traditional set menu.
Packages / Pricing etc:
Please contact the venue to ensure you have the most up to date info about packages and to confirm any information written above.
Brisbane Racing Club
The Joinery West End
Hillstone St Lucia
Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron